KLEO, a Washington Park-based nonprofit, is seeking a volunteer to organize the energy and support of its donors into a meaningful experience that demonstrates KLEO's ability to maximize donations.
K.L.E.O. Community Family Life Center is a non-profit organization and facility dedicated to strengthening families and providing a safe haven, through education, training, support and fun for people of all ages in the Chicago land community. Our goal is to create an enhanced ability to navigate the world by providing the necessary tools, skills and support needed for our participants to become a productive part of society. KLEO is funded by Chicago Public Schools; Chicago Community Development Block Grant; State of Illinois; and Neighborhood Recovery Initiative. KLEO is committed to helping families live healthy, productive lives in safe, stable, self- sustaining urban communities. We achieve our corporate objective by working with residents and their community leaders to identify a consensus vision.
About Internship Opportunity:
KLEO offers a dependable, caring environment and diverse positive outlets for adolescent’s and teens whose life have been impacted by poverty, teen pregnancy, gangs and other challenges. The program is designed to provide children with a warm, supportive environment where they have an opportunity to enjoy activities, make choices, develop responsibilities, build character and stimulate their curiosity. Much of KLEO's support comes through donations. The Donor Relations Coordinator would work to organize the energy and support of individuals who wish to donate money, services or materials into a meaningful experience that demonstrates KLEO appreciation and its ability to maximize the use of donations.
This internship is designed for people who like helping others use their gifts effectively. It will utilize organizational, interpersonal, and planning skills. The intern will:
• Create, build and maintain a formal mid-level giving program
• Maintain active portfolio of donors and prospects. Bring about individual gifts through relationship-building, direct solicitation, and stewardship
• Process and mail pledge reminders, receipts and acknowledgments, and other donor communications as required; devising systems where necessary
• Provide excellent and timely customer service to external customers who request information including recent and past donations and other donor records
• Fulfill data and reporting requests, including the production of donor lists, regular progress reports and extractions of data from the database for analytical purposes
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor contact and biographical information
KLEO is seeking a volunteer intern to serve 15 to 20 hours a week.
119 E. Garfield Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60637