The Volunteer Event Coordinator will manage a major fundraising event, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are adhered to and directing coordination of activities to prepare for the day of the event. Hours are flexible.
The volunteer position will allow an organized student with a passion for event planning, details and networking the opportunity to create a blueprint that will be used to gather Hyde Park and citywide leaders on aging and intergenerational activities.
This position will receive support and guidance from the Chicago Hyde Park Village Board of Directors. The Volunteer Event Coordinator will be responsible for designing event logistics, recruiting volunteers, networking with potential funders, coordinating with vendors, entertainment, and high profile guests. Specifically, this volunteer position will:
- Manage other volunteers responsible for event coordination activities.
- Recruit, train, and educate volunteers on proper event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Hire entertainment, bartenders and wait staff.
- Work with guest of honor/board to ensure all requests are met.
- Promote the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and hire chefs or caterers.
- Sample food, including main dishes and desserts.
- Give final approval for items such as music and menus.
Date(s): Summer and Fall 2015
Chicago Hyde Park Village
5500 S. Woodlawn
- Susan Allito