Service Learning Exchange, an educational non-profit focused on youth empowerment and community building, is seeking program coordinators to facilitate civic discussions among youth participants.
Service Learning Exchange (SLE) is a start-up non-profit program based in Chicago under SISGI Beyond Good Ideas Foundation, with a focus on youth empowerment, community building, and civic engagement. SLE utilizes digital technology to create opportunities for youth across communities to connect to one another through civic discussions and service, so that they can build up their communities and expand their worldviews.
Service Learning Exchange is looking for volunteers to serve as Program Coordinators on Thursdays from 5 – 6 pm at one of the following sites:
- 7601 S Phillips Ave. Chicago, IL (South Shore)
- 3947 S. Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL (Bronzeville)
Program Coordinators get the opportunity to:
- Lead youth participants in the identification and discussion of a salient community issue
- Facilitate civic discussions among diverse groups of youth
- Lead the coordination, preparation, and execution of a service event
- Maintain records and evaluations
- Collaborate with partner Program Coordinator in regards to scheduling, task completion, and sharing of best practices
- Collaborate with community organizations and stakeholders
Program Coordinators should:
- Have knowledge of principles and practices related to youth development and educational issues
- Be highly organized, creative, and proactive
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google+
- Be able to work independently as well as function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Have the ability to communicate effectively to participants, partner site staff, and stakeholders
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.