Artifice, a Woodlawn-based nonprofit organization, is seeking a self-motivated, social media-savvy volunteer to help build its brand online.
Artifice, based in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood, uses project-based, hands-on learning to equip program participants with tech and entrepreneurial skills that will enable them to build their skillsets, portfolios, and even businesses, while also benefitting the community. The organization is looking for a self-motivated, social media savvy intern to help create a brand as engaging online as its programs are for participants. The internship could be expanded to include online marketing, based on candidates' skills and interests.
This internship is a create-your-own-adventure game for anyone with an interest in social media marketing, inbound marketing, graphic design, photography/videography, microblogging, and related areas. Major responsibilities incude:
• Becoming familiar with Artifice and its existing social media presence
• Photographing participants, projects, partnerships, and events to share on Instagram, Twitter, and other social media. Extra points if you capture video, infinitely more so if you borrow a camera from the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts and edit a short video as a final project
• Accompanying Community Partnerships Intern (if interning concurrently) on informational meetings with other community-based organizations to provide mutually positive social media updates about the visits
• Developing a 'voice' that will resonate with our target audience by platform or across all platforms, and documenting use of this voice for maintenance purposes
• Researching free or cheap scheduling software to help organization maintain a regular social media presence after the internship (though you're welcome to stay!) and setting it up, if approved
• Bringing your own ideas and passions to the table! Do you enjoy making beats and want to add your own to the background of a video or slideshow? Great! Do you have a creative idea that involves participants in building our visual brand? We want to hear it!
Volunteer position would require five to 12 hours per week. Start and end dates are flexible.
6460 S. Stony Island Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637