THE APPLICATION FOR THE 2018 Civic Leadership Academy is now open. The deadline to apply is October 10, 2017.
All application materials are available online during the application period. Download the candidate application and supervisor nomination questions.
- Supervisor nomination
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two capstone project proposals
- Completed online application
Capstone Project Proposal
Each applicant will describe two potential projects that are relevant to his or her current organization or municipal department, are within the scope of his or her current job function, and can be addressed within three months. These projects should also provide the applicant with an opportunity to acquire new leadership skills.
- Be full-time employees of a nonprofit organization, the City of Chicago, or Cook County
- Demonstrate a strong track record of leadership, innovation, and high performance
- Have a minimum of five years of work experience in the civic sector
- Be nominated by their supervisors and provide two additional letters of recommendation
Who should apply?
Job titles for nonprofit candidates could include chief executive officer, chief operating officer, executive director, senior administrator, associate director, deputy director, senior program manager, and regional director.
Job titles for government candidates could include deputy commissioner, assistant commissioner, director, budget director, and chief of staff.
Successful Civic Leadership Academy Fellows are intellectually curious, reflective, ambitious and innovative, open and flexible, and committed to positive change.